The Timeless Look of a Great Golf Course
Mark McCumber & Associates, the design division of McCumber Golf, has achieved international recognition not only through the success of Mark McCumber as a professional golfer and member of the PGA TOUR, but also through the integrity of the classical architectural style for which the company has become known.
McCumber & Associates aims to creatively integrate the principles of proven and established golf course architecture with contemporary technology and environmental concerns. We strive to create courses that represent the finest in traditional, classical course design.
What are the benefits of hiring a professional
golf course architect?
The process of designing and constructing a new golf course or remodeling an existing layout is complex. Market analysis, site selection, cost estimation, permitting, master planning, detailed design, construction and grow-in must all be understood and coordinated. Your golf course architect has specialized experience and skills that encompass the many challenges of
taking golf course projects from concept to reality. A professional golf course architect’s capabilities include:
• A thorough knowledge of the game of golf, its history, players and design strategy
• Expertise with financing and permitting
• Familiarity with heavy construction, agronomy, hydraulic engineering, soil science, geology and civil engineering
• An understanding of landscape architecture to help create a golf course plan that highlights and preserves the natural environment
• Training and experience in the creation of both a master plan and the routing plan
• Specifications covering all of the phases needed to build a golf courseWith this skill set comes a unique perspective.
A golf course architect, retained early in the development process, will help guide the process in an efficient manner from start to finish. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com